DIY - flying paper bat-
- pattern of the bat
- black paper
- white pencil or marker
- (carving) mat
- (black) yarn
1. this is the pattern that you will need
You can copy this image and paste it in a programm
that you like and print it. Cut it out, now you have a
model that you can use to make as many bats as you like!
Draw this model on black paper with a white pencil &
cut your bats out.
I kept my model on white, because that's much easier
for you to see, compared to black paper ;)
2. Get your scissors and a little (carving) mat.
Fold your scissors out to the max (see peek)
3. We are not gonna cut!! We're gonna use our
scissors to 'fold' the paper with the scissors.
Follow the dotted lines with your scissors
and press them on to your paper (gently, but
not too gently!).
4. Now you can fold the wings of your bat.
Going up, down, up, down...
5. You can choose to make a little hole in the head
of your bat and pull some yarn through and hang it
(i used to do it like this!).
You can also choose to use a needle and some black
thread and pull it through the two little dots on
each side of the wings.
6. Punch your holes and finish your bat.